As Baguio Oil Cooking Series continues, Chef Boy Logro shares his special extra-lutong Boneless Crispy Pata Ala Pobre recipe using Baguio Pure Vegetable Oil!
Recipe by: Chef Pablo “Boy” Logro
WHAT YOU NEED
- Put Pork Pata into a pot and fill with enough water to cover the leg, add onions, pepercorns, garlic, bay leaves, lemongrass, star anise and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer until the Pork Pata becomes tender. About 60 to 90 minutes.
- Remove the Pork Pata from the pot and set aside until temperature goes down.
- Prick Pork Pata with a fork to make holes all over, rub with salt, pepper and vinegar.
- Chill overnight or expose to an electric fan for an hour or so until skin dries and cools.
- In a pot add Baguio Pure Vegetable Oil and submerge the Pork Pata in oil, cover it and bring it to a boil.
- Debone the Pork Pata and fry in medium heat until pork skin becomes crispy on both sides.
- In a pan add oil, butter and fry garlic until crisp and set aside. Add soy sauce and sugar, simmer until thicken.
- Transfer the Pork Pata into a plate and glaze with the butter and garlic mixture.