As Baguio Oil Cooking Series continues, Chef Boy Logro shares his special extra-lutong Boneless Crispy Pata Ala Pobre recipe using Baguio Pure Vegetable Oil!
1 Pork Pata Front (2 kilo)
4 pcs Star Anise
12 pcs Peppercorns (paminta)
8 cups of Baguio Pure Vegetable Oil
1 Garlic head
1/8 cup of Soy Sauce
1/2 cup of Vinegar
4 pcs Bay Leaves (dahon ng laurel)
6 stalks of Lemongrass (tanglad)
1 medium White Onion chopped
1 cup of Butter
1/4 cup of Sugar
3 teaspoon of ground Black Pepper
1. Put Pork Pata into a pot and fill with enough water to cover the leg, add onions, pepercorns, garlic, bay leaves, lemongrass, star anise and season with salt.
2. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer until the Pork Pata becomes tender. About 60 to 90 minutes.
3. Remove the Pork Pata from the pot and set aside until temperature goes down.
4. Prick Pork Pata with a fork to make holes all over, rub with salt, pepper and vinegar.
5. Chill overnight or expose to an electric fan for an hour or so until skin dries and cools.
6. In a pot add Baguio Pure Vegetable Oil and submerge the Pork Pata in oil, cover it and bring it to a boil.
7. Debone the Pork Pata and fry in medium heat until pork skin becomes crispy on both sides.
8. In a pan add oil, butter and fry garlic until crisp and set aside. Add soy sauce and sugar, simmer until thicken.
9. Transfer the Pork Pata into a plate and glaze with the butter and garlic mixture.